Monday 26 January 2015

Is it Generation Gap?

Last weekend travelling with my parents to Pune for a family function, was quite an epic trip. Wanting to reach Pune as early as five, i was ripping the car on the highway when my father suddenly  decides he wants to drive. After we switch, we made a stop at the food mall after the Ghat. Being in a rush, we decided to just pick up quick food and head ahead. Me and mom got out of the car. In the Food Mall, there was a McDonalds, A CCD and a normal food mall kitchen. My instant reaction was to walk towards the McDonalds shop. I bought an ice tea and a medium fries costing up to 200 something rupees. As i walked out, i saw my mother coming with getting her food which was a cup of tea and batata vada. At that point of time, my father made a comment saying his generation's enjoyment is much lesser in pricing than mine. It got me to thinking that is it really my (me representing my generation) needs are unnecessarily high. Or are we bought up only in such a time where we generally go for the names like Mcdonals etc while even enjoying the occasional vada pav too. Like my parents also like eating at these places but their habitual actions makes them buy a cup of hot tea and vada on the other hand its the exactly opposite for us? Is it the generation gap or we simpliy making the wrong choices in lifestyle?
The Food Mall after the ghat has an very good functional McDonalds that i have seen in a very long time. Even though being out on the Mumbai Pune Express Highway, the food quality was quite excellent. the staff was super friendly and very well spoken. Must stop if you want to enjoy a decent happy meal or a take away. It has ample sitting place and special seats of the young ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment